Sunday, December 21, 2014

Halloween in Japan


Often times, my family decides to travel locally or internationally during the semestral break. This usually disagrees with my plan to spend Halloween with my friends and dress up to gather sweets to last the hibernation period (note the sarcasm). However, I thought to myself, why not combine the two?


Strolling along the streets of Osaka, I noticed the colourful costumes people wore that were utterly oozing out creativity. This made me a bit envious as I wasn't able to dress as grandeur as them due to the lack of space in my suitcase. Also, airport security would surely speculate on the props I'd have along with me.




Halloween isn't as fun to celebrate without the company of friends. Isn't spending quality time with your pals the whole point? Although, a better way to live up such an occasion is to gather inspiration from pop culture references. Planning which group of characters best suit your traits and calling dibs on all the great roles are always enjoyable. Going as your favourite crime solving duo, such as Sherlock and Watson, or the whole cast of Scooby-Doo can always ensure a memorable day that you'd want to save for the scrapbooks.






Some costumes were quite peculiar and intriguing. They were definitely out of the ordinary and eye-catching (get the pun). Honestly, I would have to muster up all the courage in my system to be able to walk outside in similar costumes. Props to their brave souls.



In the end, it honestly doesn't matter who you dress up as or whether you listened to my advice above; Although, I hope you do take it into consideration. As long as you enjoy your day with great friends and get the candy that you actually like, you're spending Halloween in the best way possible.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you have a lovely instagram account! I followed you on there and on GFC as well! Maybe you could follow me? Thank you and hope you have a great day Vanessa! :)

      Delete

The Girl & Her Clapper. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Blogdessert.